Sunday, November 15, 2009

My First Vulcan!

Friday the 13th...  We decided to try out one of the close by lagoons that none of the other windsurfers wanted to share its name...  Luckily our driver (kind of) knew where we needed to go.  It was such a small but good spot, no wonder no one wanted to share it!  Well initially we were the only windsurfers - flat water, 30-40 seconds from one side to the other...  Then we were joined by about 6-7 more sailors - half of them being pros.

4 hours of pure freestyle sailing- trying moves on both sides, filming each other, trying to follow the other guys’ triple flaka attempts, disappointments, excitements, pain and happiness... 

At the end of the day, I went for another 20 minute session as Derek was derigging.  All day long, I got so close on my vulcans that I didn’t want to leave without one!  Sure enough... My very last run of the day...  I dreamt about my scream of success the night before, and when I planned out of my vulcan I screamed my lungs out just like in my dream! :)  It wasn’t photographed but I had two solid witnesses - Derek and the driver - as I did it literally right in front of them.

(Meanwhile, we are constantly working on our Jeri movie...)

No comments:

Post a Comment