Friday, November 20, 2009

Derek's Countless Backloops

“Oh man... Look at that guy... He is way up in the air, going for a backloop. Man, that’s HIGH!  Niceeee landing too.... Is that how high I should go?  I will start lower....... wait a minute.... that’s a red sail with a big T on it...  Oh YEAH!  Good job askim....”  It was a great moment realizing that the sailor that I admired was actually my husband - as usual!

We had a great day on the waves.  Backloops, REALLY high jumps, shove-it attempts, swell rides...  Derek even helped one of our French friends in his waveriding.  Good karma...  He was definitely very grateful at the end of the day.  We sailed into the sunset (5:34pm), finally catching logo high waves.

Today will probably be more of a freestyle day as the high tide will be even later.  During low tide, we get good flat water conditions - especially by the dune.  Sometimes, coming upwind takes up to 20 minutes but it is definitely worth it to go down the dune to practice as there is more room for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment